LOST EONS Core Books
A downloadable sci-fantasy triptych
LOST EONS is solarpunk sci-fantasy. In Lost Eons you will emerge from the darkness into a new light, one
dominated by inscrutable and terrible forces you must seek to
understand. Using this guide create a post-human character, ready to
face the mysteries and dangers of a far future Earth.
LOST EONS is a fast but deep toolkit. Play instant no-prep one-shots and sustained campaigns. Discover beautiful and horrifying new adventures through evocative prompts and procedural generation.
LOST EONS is no-maths and instantly playable. Mashing together 24XX and Blades in the Dark, gameplay is streamlined, flexible, fast and potentially brutal. Level-up through mutation, your body changing as you evolve. Character Playbooks let you create a character in seconds, yet have limitless customisation through play.
Lost Eons is an innovative FKR inspired mashup of Blades in the Dark and 24XX, with an improvised card-based magic system, Lost Eons reconfigures fantasy and that dragon game for a world recovered from a devastating climate cataclysm.
The Lost Eons rules have been written with Laurie O'Connel
LOST EONS Core books edited by Nakade
Included in LOST EONS:
- THE PLAYERS GUIDE outlining the simple and fast mechanics, character creation, mutations, the Skills, Traits and Talents that define a character and the entwined Magic and Mutations to bring mischief and mayhem.
- THE FENS SETTING BOOK a systemfree Setting guide with Information on the plant-entwined archivists, the Calyx, alongside their flowering underground sect, the Colora: the playful crab-like traders the Cambrians, the scarred seapunk Aya, the barge-dwelling anarchist Free Folk and the great golems of the sentient reed-beds, the Wickonen.
- Each of these cultures has suggested names, items, Traits, histories and cultures, allowing you to embody an aloof Calyx, a cunning Cambrian, or hulking Wickonen at your gaming table.
- GM's TOOLS BOOK containing adventuring procedures, a card-deck countdown to DOOM, a fast but complex encounter generator, spark-tables for environmental description and generation, a collaborative no-prep campaign creation procedure, a bestiary of 54 weird and wonderful science fantasy creatures and anomolies, treasure tables, and a procedurally generated one-shot/campaign starter.
JOIN THE DISCORD https://discord.gg/SPrm93p5dM
Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin
Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
Staying with the Trouble by Donna Haraway
He, She and It by Marge Piercy
Electric Bastionland by Chris McDowall
Blades in the Dark by John Harper
2400 by Jason Tocci
The Quiet Year by Avery Alder
Lots of stuff by Grant Howitt
Traveller by Marc W. Miller
The Wretched by Chris Bissette
That Dragon game by generations of designers
Based on The World After by Matt Goulson and David Blandy
Co-written by Andy Prentice, Apollo Uhlenbruck, Pawel Stachyra, Noe Rodríguez, Katherine Parkin, Kate Brockie, Piotr Czosnyka, Amy Mason, Clair Le Couteur, Chris Joynes, Jazmin Morris, Craig David Parr, Polly Barnes, Mansi Shouche and Susuana Amoah
Other illustrations Katherine Parkin, Polly Barnes, Craig David Parr and David Blandy
Acknowledgements This text would not exist without Oz Browning, Sean Smith, Andy Prentice, Matt Goulson and Daniel Locke. Also thanks to the FKR Collective Discord for constant inspiration and support, notably Nakade (@beeptest), @wendi, @CosmicOrrery, @PanicPillow, @ContrabandRimer, @Revenant's Quill
In order to download this sci-fantasy triptych you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $13.40 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this sci-fantasy triptych at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you're in need and can't afford a copy of the game, help yourself to a community copy of the digital zine. These copies were generously provided by supporters of the LOST EONS ONESHEET and Core Books. Extra copies will be added with every sale.
- Demo One-sheet version (and procedural crawl!) addedNov 21, 2021